Yield: 40 Servings
- 125 grams Butter, chopped
- 165 grams Caster sugar, 3/4 cup
- 3 Eggs, Size M
- 2 tablesp. Brandy
- 1 tablesp. Lemon rind, grated
- 225 grams Plain flour, 1 1/2 cups
- 110 grams Self-raising flour, 3/4 cup **
- 120 grams Blanched almonds, 3/4 cup, toasted, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablesp. Aniseed, ground
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until just combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add brandy and rind; mix well. Stir in flours, nuts and aniseed; cover, refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to moderate (180°C/160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease an oven tray.
- Halve dough; shape each half into a 30 cm log. Place on prepared tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and firm; stand logs on oven tray for 10 minutes.
- Using a serrated or electric knife, cut logs diagonally into 1 cm slices. Place slices on ungreased oven trays.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until dry and crisp, turning halfway through cooking. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
tip: Store biscotti in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
** 107 g wheat-flour Type 405 plus 3 g baking powder
total time: 2 h 10 minutes
preparation time: 20 minutes (plus refrigeration time)
cooking/baking time: 45 minutes
more recipes and entries in English
*=Affiliate-Link to Amazon