This week I♥CC is looking for a Curtis Stone dish featuring or including local and/or seasonal ingredients that are grown/produced in our area. At least it is asparagus season in Northern Germany. The
Easy Asparagus Omelet
is local, seasonal and delicious. Nammi from Chillies and Lime chose this recipe for April Potluck and Margaret from Tea and Scones welcomed Curtis Stone with it. It’s a must to prepare it again.
Although Germans are fond of white asparagus I prefer green, because it’s more tasteful than those modern white asparagus varieties.
Easy Asparagus Omelet
Yield: 2 servings
This is a delicious omelet, which is quick and easy to make. Sauteed asparagus cooked in an omelette
- 15 thin asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed, Ulrike: 400 gram
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 eggs, size M
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 30 grams Fontina or Gouda cheese, shaved into thin slices Ulrike: I used grated Parmesan
- Cut the asparagus tips into 7.5 cm lengths then cut the remaining asparagus stalks on a slight diagonal into 1/2 cm-thick slices. In a small bowl, toss the asparagus tips with the oil to coat. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper to blend well.
- In a 22 cm-diameter nonstick ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter, swirling the pan to coat it with the butter. Add the asparagus slices and sauté 1 minute. Add the eggs and gently stir with a silicone spatula to lift the cooked egg off the bottom of the skillet and stir it into the uncooked portion (be careful not to over stir the omelet). As the omelet begins to set, have one last gentle stir then lay the cheese slices and asparagus tips over the omelet.
- Place the pan under the grill and cook for about 1 minute, or until the omelet is set on top and the cheese melts. Using a silicone spatula, loosen the omelet from the pan and slide it onto a platter. Cut the omelet into wedges and serve.
- To make it easier to shave the cheese, place it in the freezer for 30 minutes before slicing it.
total time: 30 minutes
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking/baking time: 10 minutes
*=Affiliate-Link to Amazon
Photo Credit: I ♥ Cooking Clubs
For all other great Local & Seasonal! recipes visit the I heart cooking clubs site
For more asparagus recipes click here
Pingback: Rezepte mit Spargel - kuechenlatein.com
Herrliches Rezept mit Parmesan. Mit Gruyere ist das auch sehr lecker! Danke für das Rezept.
It gives more color to the dish as well as flavor. I do love asparagus and what a lovely breakfast.
I definitely need to make this one after seeing how good it looks when everyone tries it. Asparagus, eggs and cheese–yum! ;-)
Pingback: Zusammenfassung der Woche ab 30.05.2016 | Iron Blogger Kiel
This is perfect for breakfast. I’d love to try. :)
I can see why this is a popular dish! It looks delicious!
I haven’t posted this dish but have made it for breakfast. Funny that we all get the same idea!
An omelette is always a lovely way to showcase new spring asparagus. White is quite common here but I too prefer the green for its flavour (and appearance).
I could eat omelets for breakfast or dinner. Love the asparagus, it’s in season here and so good.
letzte Woche auch ausprobiert, zwar nicht genau nach dem Rezept, aber es war ein superleckeres Omlett mit grünem Spargel aus eigener Ernte .
Sogar dem Seemann schmeckte es!
Danke für den Tipp
Freut mich, dass es gemundet hat.
Pingback: Rezepte von Curtis Stone - kuechenlatein.com