I just finished my second state examen as a food chemist, when my husband had to work in Indonesia for a while. So I grabbed the chance to accompany him the last week and then we spent our holidays together on Bali. I was impressed of all the exotic fruits and food I learned about, I could see them in their natural enviroment. And I was impressed by the open air restaurants. In one of these I eat for the first time in my life
Satee Babi with Bambu Kacang
My „longnosed“ husband impressed an Indonesian waiter when he ordered his satee with hot chili sauce and ate it without batting an eyelid. After we returned home I bought a cookbook * to keep the memories and it still works years later.
So here are the recipes:
125 ml water
250 ml peanut paste
1 tsp. sambal olek
1/2 tsp glutamate
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp sweet soya sauce
1 pinch sugar
Heat water in a saucepan. Stir in the peanut paste and bring to the boil. Season to taste with sambal olek, lemon juice, glutamate, soya sauce, salt and sugar. Let cool for 5 minutes.
1 kg pork tenderloins
4 tbsp. sweet soya sauce
1 tsp. pegger
20 bamboo or wooden skewers
• Cut the pork up, into cubes.
• Make a marinade from the remaining ingredients.
• Add the meat and leave to marinate for 45 minutes minimum
• Skewer the meat onto metal or bamboo/wooden skewers
• Roast them under a grill, in a grill pan or best of all on the barbeque until done, usually about ten minutes or shorter.
1 tsp.. Sambal Olek
125 ml sweet soya sauce
1/2 lemon, the juice
• Chop the chilies and mix with the sweet soya sauce and lemon jurice.
• Peel the onions and finely chop.
* = Affilate-Link to Amazon