I love muffins: Muffins fit in your hand, kids love them, mothers more than ever, because they are finished in a few bites. Elena Experiments (http://www.sqpixels.net/ now defunct) started the event Muffin Monday and I participate with my sons‘ choice:
Welsh Rarebit Muffins
Welsh rarebit is a traditional Welsh snack dish, also known as toasted cheese. This muffin modification is good for kids as the batter doesn’t need to be perfectly smooth. They’re yummy warm. They also keep well for a few days so are great for lunchboxes.
|-=========||REZKONV-Recipe – RezkonvSuite v1.4|
|Title:||Welsh rarebit muffins|
|225||grams||Self-raising flour *|
|1/2||Level tsp bicarbonate of soda|
|1/2||Level tsp mustard powder|
|100||grams||Strong cheese, half grated, half cubed|
|1||Egg, size M|
|12||Paper muffin cases|
|BBC Good Food Magazine, March 2007, p.42|
|Edited *RK* 02/22/2007 by
1. Heat oven to 200 °C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
2. Mix together the self-raising and plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and mustard powder in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the cheese, oil, yogurt, milk, egg and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Combine all the ingredients and divide between the muffin cases in the muffin tin.
5. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden. Remove and cool slightly on a rack.
:PER SERVING 189 kcalories, protein 6g, carbohydrate 19g, fat 11 g, saturated fat 4g, fibre 1 g, sugar 1 g, salt 0.79g
:· PREP 15 mins
:· COOK 25 mins
* 2 tsp baking powder + 3/4 tsp salt + flour to 225 g
Don’t miss all the great muffin recipes posted at http://www.sqpixels.net/MuffinMonday/mm01_roundup.html.
Hallo Ulrike, I like savoury and crusty melted cheese! They look and I am sure they are super lecker and popular!! Vielen Dank for your contribution to Muffin Montag!
my god they seem so delicious!
Yummy, your muffins sems very good, I keep in mind your recipe and your blog !!!
Deine Muffins sind sehr schön und sehen lecker aus. Mit Blaubeeren sind Muffins auch gar nicht schlecht ;-)
Talk about Cheesy Goodness…
That picture with the golden, melted, crusty cheese on top makes me want to leave work and make a batch right now. These look fantastic—and I *truly* can’t wait to make a batch and taste just how cheesy they are!