Like Freya I was surfing the 22.02.2021 **, but I was looking for ways to use up broad beans in the freezer. I came across the
Orecchiette con Fave e Salame (Pasta with Broad Beans and Salami)
I used a French sheep’s cheese and an Italian-style salami for that dish. It is dimensioned for 4 servings, but it lasted only for one adult and two children. I had the portion for one person! So this dish is worth to be sent to Ruth’s Presto Pasta Nights.
|-=========||REZKONV-Recipe – RezkonvSuite v1.4|
|Title:||Orecchiette con Fave e Salame (Pasta with Broad Beans and Salami)|
|Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
|400||grams||Fresh broad beans, podded|
|1||White onion, sliced|
|100||grams||Neapolitan salami, sliced|
|100||grams||Pecorino Romano cheese, grated|
|by Gino D’Acampo from Good Food Live 22.02.2021 **|
|Edited *RK* 05/24/2007 by|
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the orecchiete and cook until al dente, around 10-15 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile bring a separate pan of salted water to the boil. Add the broad beans and boil for 7-8 minutes, until tender. Drain, plunge into cold water and slip off the tough outer skin off each individual bean.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry until golden. Add the drained broad beans and the salami.
4. Fry, stirring now and then, until the salami is crispy. Mix in the orecchiete, mixing well, and cook for 1-2 minutes, seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Sprinkle the grated Pecorino over the pasta mixture and serve at once.
: Level of difficulty: Easy
: Preparation Time: 10 minutes
: Cooking Time: 20 minutes
more recipes and entries in English
** 21.02.2021 https://goodfood.uktv.co.uk/ and https://goodfood.uktv.co.uk/recipe/orecchiette-con-fave-e-salame-pasta-with-broad-beans-and-salami/ not longer available
I’m so thrilled that you’ve cooked this! I made this dish many times (it’s on my blog as a very early post) and I never tire of the combination of salami with the broad beans! Great choice!
No wonder it only served 3 – it looks delicious. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Night.
Gute Idee! Bislang hab ich immer nur die klassische Variante mit Parmaschinken gemacht, aber ital. Salami, not bad at all!
Thyme for Cooking
Salami and fava – what a wonderful combination. I could see it lasting for 2 persons, maybe….
I’m going to have to plant broad beans next year. I really love them and can’t seem to get enough at the markets. Maybe I go too late….