The February issue of the Good Food Magazine inspired me to this dish.
Bratwurst with Leeks and Lentils
Nothing special, but tasty!
-========= REZKONV-Recipe – RezkonvSuite v1.3
Title: Bratwurst with leeks & lentils
Yield: 2 Servings
6 Nuremberger bratwursts
2 Leeks, trimmed, washed and each cut into about 5
1 cup Lentils
2 small Garlic cloves, peeled
1 sprig Thyme
1 Bay leaf
=========================== DRESSING ===========================
1 teasp. Dijon mustard
1 tablesp. Balsamic vinegar
2 tablesp. Olive oil
============================ SOURCE ============================
— Edited *RK* 02/04/2007 by
— Ulrike Westphal
1. Rinse the lentils and simmer for 20 minutes in a pan of salted
water with the thyme, bay leaf, and 1 garlic clove.
2. Steam the leeks for 10 – 15 mins until soft.
3. When the lentils are cooked, drain, remove the garlic, thyme, and
bay leaf, and allow to cool.
4. For the vinaigrette dressing, combine the mustard, balsamic
vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper with 1 tablespoon water and mix
together thoroughly. Add the remaining garlic clove. Tip the leeks
in with the lentils and toss well.
5. Fry the bratwursts until browned.
6. Divide the lentil salad between two plates and top with the
bratwursts and garnish with parsley.