This week the I♥CC-members are adding a little cheese to the Nigel Slater dishes.
My watercress is doing well
and I got some wonderful Bavarian mountain cheeses.
It is spring and you can buy new potatoes on the weekly market. Real Fast Food * offers a great idea to combine all ingedients
Warm New Potato Salad with Melted Mountain Cheese and Watercress
Nigel Slater Warm New Potato Salad with Melted Mountain Cheese and Watercress
YIELD: 2 AS A SUBSTANTIAL SNACK OR LIGHT SUPPER
- 450 grams new potatoes, wiped clean
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 handfuls of watercress, washed and shaken dry
- 200 grams mild, semi-soft cheese
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender to the point of a knife, about 12 minutes.
- Toss the leaves in the olive oil and dump on two ovenproof plates.
- Drain the potatoes and slice each one in half. Scatter them over the salad leaves.
- Slice the cheese thinly over the potatoes. Set the plate under a preheated grill and cook till the cheese starts to ooze, about 1 minute.
- Eat immediately.
Also try rocket and Taleggio, radiccio and Roquefort.
total: 20 minutes
preparation: 5 minutes
cook: 15 minutes
*=Affiliate-Link zu Amazon
For all other great A Little Cheese, PLEASE! entries visit the I heart cooking clubs site
more Nigel Slater recipes