For the English Cooking Event we made two times the following recipe.
Roast carrots and potato wedges
Yield: 6 servings in a three course dinner
For the potato wedges
- 1,5 kg potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 5 – 6 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- herbs to your liking
for the carrots
- 600 gram carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 25 gram butter
- 1 – 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/Fan 180 °C.
- Roasting carrots: Melt the butter in an ovenproof dish, and toss the carrots in it. Place the dish in the oven above the potoatoes for 35 – 40 minutes, turning the carrots in the butter and oil once or twice.
- Potato wedges: Give the potatoe wedges in a bowl, add olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and herbs to your liking. Toss together so all the wedges are coated in the oil then spread out in one layer onto a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet unter the carrots and cook in the hot oven for 35 – 40 minutes until golden, crisp and cooked through.
total time: 1 hour
preparing time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 35 – 40 minutes
*=Affiliate-Link zu Amazon
more recipes and entries in English