Gabriella from My Life As A Reluctant Housewife asks for Summer Salad Recipes. Here we go:
Summer Salad: (Warm) potato & bacon salad
(Warm) potato & bacon salad
YIELD: 4 Servings
Superhealthy, good source of folic acid and vitamin C Pour the dressing over the potatoes while they’re warm so that it soaks into the potatoes and gives them loads of flavour.
- 700 grams Small new potatoes, 1 lb 9 oz, halved
- 6 Rashers smoked streaky bacon, grilled until
- Crisp, then chopped
- 4 Spring onions, chopped
- 150 grams Bag rocket
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablesp. Lemon juice
- Small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 tablesp. Extra virgin olive oil
modified by Ulrike Westphal from:
Good Food Magazine, July 2006, p. 106
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15-20 mins until tender, then drain and keep warm. It is important that the potatoes are thoroughly cooked; there’s nothing worse than ‚al dente‘ potatoes.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and pour over the warm potatoes. Season to taste, then carefully mix in the bacon, spring onions and rocket before serving.
Gesamtzeit: 40 minutes
preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 15-20 mins
330 kcalories per serving, 106 grams protein,
29 grams carbohydrates, 20 grams fat,3 grams saturated fat, 3 grams fibre, 3 grams sugar, 1.09 grams salt
more recipes and entries in English