Myriam at Once upon a tart 21.09.2018** hosts her first food-blogging event „Browniebabe of the month“ 21.09.2018**. The mission is to bake a fudgy, nice and delicious brownie or blondie, and post about it. I know what brownies are, but I didn’t know that Blondies are brownies made without cocoa, and with brown sugar; they may contain white chocolate, chips, or nuts. So I participate with a classic blondie recipe which waits for 3 years to be tried.
Yummy! They didn’t stay long on the table!
Yield: 16 Squares
Classic Blondie recipe
- 130 grams Flour, 1 cup
- 1 teasp. Baking powder
- 1/4 teasp. Salt
- 115 grams Sweet butter, softened, 1/2 cup, do not substitute
- 100 grams Granulated sugar, 1/2 cup
- 155 grams Packed light brown sugar, 2/3 cup
- 2 Eggs, size M
- 1 teasp. Vanilla extract
- 115 grams Chopped pecans or walnuts, 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 175 °C/350 °F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir or whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract, beating well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out „almost“ clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Run a sharp knife around edges of pan, then cut into 16 squares.
total time: 1 hour
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking / baking time: 35 minutes
* = Affiliate-Link zu Amazon
more recipes and entries in English
** 21.09.2018 https://onceuponatart.blogspot.com/; https://onceuponatart.blogspot.com/2007/04/browniebabe-of-month.html no longer available