Lemon & rosemary halloumi skewers
YIELD: 4 Servings
These vegetarian & light skewers are full of flavour and colour.
- 2 tablesp. olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 1 large lemon, halved lengthways
- 250 grams pack halloumi cheese, cut into large chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 courgette, cut into 8 chunks
- Mix olive oil and rosemary in a non-metallic bowl. Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from 1/2 lemon, then add to the mixture. Season to taste. Stir in halloumi to coat in the marinade. Cover, then leave for 15 mins.
- Cut the other 1/2 lemon into 4 wedges, then cut each wedge in half. Remove the halloumi from the marinade and thread onto metal skewers with red onion, lemon wedges and courgettes. Barbecue for 5-10 mins, turning occasionally and brushing on any leftover marinade.
Serve with houmous and couscous.
total time: 20 minutes
preparation time: 5 minutes
cook/baking time: 5 – 10 minutes