It’s potluck week at I♥CC! It’s a chance to make any Curtis Stone recipe, or any recipe from one of the previous IHCC chefs. I go on with Curtis Stone following the slogan: Pasta always works. I serve
Penne with spicy broccoli sauce
A delicous and easy dish with only a few ingredients.
Penne with spicy broccoli sauce
Yield: 2 servings
Penne with spicy broccoli sauce shows that „Pasta always works“, even with broccoli
- 1 head broccoli, about 400 grams, cut into florets
- 175 grams penne rigate, I used De Cecco*
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 30 grams Parmesan cheese, finely grated plus more for garnish
modified from Ulrike Westphal inspired by:
Curtis Stone at http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/39907/penne-with-spicy-broccoli-sauce/
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Cook the broccoli in the boiling water for about 5 minutes, or until it is completely tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccoli to the ice water and cool completely. Drain, pat dry, and coarsely chop the broccoli .
- Add the penne to the same pot of boiling water and cook, stirring often, for about 12 minutes, or until it is tender but still firm to the bite. Drain, reserving 4 tablespoons of the pasta water. Return the drained pasta to the dry pot and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp. of the oil, then add the garlic, chilli, and anchovy. Cook for about 1 minute, or until the garlic is toasted. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until it is warm and beginning to release its liquid. Stir in 1/2 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
- To the pasta, add the broccoli mixture, 3 tbsp. of the cheese, and the remaining tablespoon oil. Toss to combine and season to taste with salt and more lemon juice. Add enough of the reserved pasta water to moisten as desired. Divide among 2 bowls, garnish with more cheese, and serve penne with spicy broccoli sauce
total time: 30 minutes
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking/baking time: 15 minutes
*=Affiliate-Link to Amazon
Photo Credit: I ♥ Cooking Clubs
For all other great Potluck! recipes visit the I heart cooking clubs site
more recipes from Curtis Stone (click)
more recipes and entries in English
That looks like one of my favourite broccoli pasta recipes. Everyone loves it (and I don’t tell them about the anchovies in it!)
I have been enjoying trying all the delicious Curtis Stone recipes, and this looks just delicious.
Pasta with broccoli, such as this, is one of my very favorite go to meals. I love that it comes together in the time it takes the pasta to boil. So flavorful and delicious. Even better with lots of Parmesan.
Pingback: Zusammenfassung der Woche ab 27.06.2016 | Iron Blogger Kiel
I like the slogan and I believe it too: Pasta always works. :) And I love the broccoli sauce you make. :)
So far all the Curtis Stone recipes have been a winner. I Didn’t see this one in the cookbooks I have borrowed from the library so, Thanks for posting it!
Definitely pasta always works! ;-) This looks like a quick, easy and delicious recipe–my favorite kind!
How can you beat an easy to prepare, flavorful dish like this? I’m interested in trying it with the anchovy.
This pasta looks delicious! I love broccoli and anchovies! Perfect!
It’s so true that pasta always works as you are showing here. Simple ingredients with great results.
Pingback: Rezepte von Curtis Stone - kuechenlatein.com