This tweet appeared in my timeline.
Katie at Feeding Boys and Sarah at Dinner with Craytons are asking for meals under 30 minutes.
I want to empty my freezer and found some spinach. I used it for
Pasta with spinach
While the pasta is cooking you can prepare the sauce, quick and easy dish for lunch or supper.
Quick & easy spinach sauce for pasta
- 20 grams butter
- 20 grams flour
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100 ml white wine
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 200 grams spinach, frozen
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- lemon zest
- 50 ml cream 10 – 12 % fat or more if you like
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, then add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 mins, deglaze with wie. Then slowly start to whisk in the stock. When it has all been incorporated, gently cook for 5 mins until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the spinach. Season with salt, pepper, lemon zest and nutmeg to tast. Stir in the cream and serve with pasta.
total time: 15 minutes
preparation time: 5 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes