Traditional Scottish Shortbread
-========= REZKONV-Recipe – RezkonvSuite v1.3
100 grams Plain flour
50 grams Caster sugar
100 grams Butter
50 grams Semolina
============================ SOURCE ============================
by Mary Berry from Good Food Live
— Edited *RK* 11/28/2006 by
— Ulrike Westphal
For a terrific treat to accompany a cuppa, Mary Berry bakes buttery
golden shortbread the traditional Scottish way
1. Set the oven to 160C/gas 2.
2. Place all the ingredients together in a food processor and whizz
until the mixture forms a smooth dough (if preferred this can be
done by hand in a bowl using soft butter).
3. Roll the shortbread out to form a circle with a 20cm diameter and
flute the edge (alternatively, press into a 20cm loose bottomed cake
4. Prick gently over the top with a fork and score the surface of
the round into 8 even wedges. Sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for
20-25 minutes until firm and golden.
5. Set aside to cool a little, but cut into wedges while still
slightly warm. Store in an airtight tin.
:Level of difficulty: Easy
:Preparation Time: 15 minutes
:Cooking :Time: 15 minutes