Although there are already mint leaves in my garden, it was necessary to buy some for the fresh mint sauce. We made 3 times the following recipe.
Fresh mint sauce
Yield: 4 servings
If you know the trick you never want to buy mint sauce again.
- 1 bunch of mint, about 100 grams, leaves and sprigs
- pinch salt to your taste
- 60 ml = 4 tbsp boiling water
- 60 ml = 4 tbsp white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 level tbsp caster sugar or honey 15 to 20 grams
- Strip off the mint leavesand chop finely. FINELY ;-)
- Place into a jug, add the sugar and pour over the boiling water, stir and leave to cool.
- Stir in the vinegar and salt. Taste.
- Add more water or vinegar and adjust seasoning to suit your taste.
total time: less than 30 minutes
preparing time: 20 minutes
cooking time: no cooking required
*=Affiliate-Link zu Amazon