This week the I heart cooking clubs is keeping an eye on the budget… Pasta is always a budget friendly ingredient, I used herbs from my garden and a just dollop of butter. I used the recipe on page 117 from Real Fast Food *, but I reduced the butter from 225 grams for two to 20 grams for one ;-).
I got delicious
Pasta with Hot Butter & Herbs
for about 0,92 € = 1,25 $ = 0,75 £
Nigel Slater Pasta with Hot Butter & Herbs
Yield: 1 serving
A lovely pasta sauce with butter and herbs including dill, flat-leaf parsley, tarragon and chervil.
- 125 grams pasta, I used De Cecco Spaghetti No. 12 * for 1,89 €/500 grams
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped, about 0,17 €
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, I used tarragon, thyme, basil and oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice = 0,2 €
- 20 grams Butter = 0,08 €
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water. Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onion and cook about a gentle heat for about 5-7 minutes, until the onion has softed.
- Whren the pasta ist tender but still firm, drain and tip it into a large warm serving dish. Through the herbs into the butter sauce, add the lemon juice and pour over the cooked pasta
total time: 20 minutes
preparation time:5 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
*=Affiliate-Link zu Amazon
For all other great Budget Friendly Dishes visit the I heart cooking clubs site
more Nigel Slater recipes