This week IHCC members are cooking any of Hugh’s recipes for things that are sweet or feature sweet ingredients. Honey is definitely sweet and rhubarb has its season in my garden.
I decided to make
served with rice pudding. The recipe is quiete simple, no fuss in preparing and delicious. It’s the first fruit ( it’s actually a vegetable with an identity crisis says Hugh) in the garden and the whole familiy likes it.
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- 1 kg rhubarb, cut into 5 – 10 cm lengths
- 1 orange, juice and finely grated zest
- 4 tablespoons runny honey; about 84 grams
- Put the rhubarb in an ovenproof dish large enough to hold it in a single layer. Ulrike: It works fine with two layers. Scatter over the orange zest and pour in the juice. Trickle over the honey and gently mix the whole lot together.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in an oven preheated to 150 °C/Gas Mark 2 for 45 minutes – 1 hour, until the rhubarb is tender, giving it a gentle stir halfway through. The pieces of rhubarb should keep their shape rather than cook to a mush.
- Leave to cool before serving. Sealed in a container, with the syrupy juices from the tray, this can be kept for a week or so in the fridge.
total time: 1 h 15 minutes
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking/baking time: 45 – 60 minutes
*=Affiliate-Link to Amazon
Photo Credit: I ♥ Cooking Clubs
For all other great Hit the Sweet Spot! recipes visit the I heart cooking clubs site