My husband and I travelled a lot before we became parents.
create your own visited country map**
I have to admit, that we didn’t visit the whole US, but there is no chance to omit Alaska and other states.
I’ve already posted my favourite vacation dish. and I didn’t know what to bring to the passport party. But Stephanie said I can’t miss the party, so here I am.
I can’t say that Chile is the country I am hoping to get to. But last year the best husband of all job-related had to go to Santiago Chile. He brought Dulce de Leche and Alto del Carmen, the Chilean brandy for the national drink Pisco Sour. Do want to know how to throw a Pisco Party?
So here’s Germany’s contribution:
Chilean Empanadas and Pisco Sour
Empanadas – samosas
Yield: 26 Pieces
- 1 cube fresh yeast
- 1 pinch sugar
- 520 grams flour
- 2 tablesp. olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 50 grams raisins
- 200 grams bBlack olives
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablesp. vegetable oil
- 350 grams ground beef
- 1 tablesp. tomato paste
- 150 ml beef stock
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teasp. chile powder
- 1 teasp. cumin
- flour for dusting
- 2 egg yolks and cream for coating
Dissolve yeast in 250 ml water. Add 400 grams flour and the and
knead for about 6 to 8 minutes. Than add another 100 grams flour,
one teaspoon of salt and the olive oil and knead until smooth. Let
the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
For the filling boil the eggs for 10 minutes, cool and cut into
eighth. Wash raisins and drain, stone the olives.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet. Add ground beef,onions garlic and cook until beef is browned, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add raisins, tomatoe paste, remaining flour, spices and beef stock and cook over medium heat until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Celsius. Line a baking sheet with paper.
- Roll out the dough and cut circles about 15 cm Ø. Put one heaping tablespoonful of filling, 1 olive and a piece of egg in the middle of each disc.
- Fold on half over to form half circle. Crimp edges together using dinner fork dipped in flour. Or do it with this gadget:
- Whisk egg yolks and cream toghether. Put empanadas on lined baking sheet, brush tops lightly with the egg-cream mixture.
- Bake until golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
total time: 1 h
prepararion time: 15 minutes
cooking/baking time: 30 minutes
*=Affiliate-Link to Amazon
Juni 2018 ** http://www.world66.com/myworld66 nicht mehr verfügbar