We love rhubarb, especially my younger son. It hadn’t always been like that, but now he asked me to make the
Rhubarb & Orange Slump
from the last Good Food issue. In German ears this word sounds a bit like Schlumpf, which means smurf. We learned, that a slump is a New England pudding made with seasonal food. It was originally cooked in a saucepan on top of the stove, giving you a sort of fruity dumpling. It is also called grunt.
This is my entry for Root Source Challenge #14.
more recipes with rhubarb on this blog:
- Basil Rhubarb Compote
- Coconut creams with poached rhubarb
- Lemon yogurt mousse with rhubarb compote
- Rhubarbcake with Quark-topping
- Tapicoca with peppered Rhubarb
- White Chocolate Panna Cotta and Rhubarb Compote
- Rhabarberkuchen -umgedreht-
- Sonntagskuchen mit Rhabarber und Apfel
- Rhabarberknödel auf Fruchtbett mit Vanillesauce