Happy New Year!
The first vegetables in 2021 for our Good Friend Good Food Group are carrots.
I like carrots in cakes, bread and soups, sweet and savoury, candied, pickled or fermented.
The newsletter from Valentinas Kochbuch brought the recipe for
Easy to make, if you use the grater from your KitchenAid. This version is vegetarian, but a few slices of boiled ham are also delicious.
Don’t miss the posts from Donna, Ellen, Kayte, Margaret, Nancy and Peggy.
In a fortnight we are using greens. Let’s see what the weekly market or the foodassembly offers.
Yiel: 4 – 6 servings
This Carrot Risotto has a comforting effect.
- 2 onions, peeld, finely chopped
- 600 grams carrots, peeled and grated *
- 40 grams butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 300 grams risotto rice
- 350 ml white wine
- 1 l vegetable broth
- 50 grams parmesan, grated
- 60 grams feta
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- pepper, freshly ground
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onions for 1 minute. Then add the grated carrots and garlic and fry for another 2 minutes. Add the rice and gently fry or 1 minute.
- Add the wine and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir until liquid has evaporated almost completely. Add the hot vegetable broth, stirring gradually; between the liquid additions, always wait until the broth has evaporated almost completely. After about 20 minutes the rice is done.
- Stir in the parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Crumble the feta into the risotto and add the basil.
total: 40 minutes
prep: 15 minutes
cook/bake: 20 minutes
*=Affiliate-Link to Amazon
more recipes and entries in English